- October 26, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: News
1. Starch ether can effectively improve the anti-sagging and anti-slip properties of the mortar. Cellulose ethers can generally only increase the viscosity and water retention of the system, but cannot improve the anti-sagging and anti-slip properties.
2. Thickening and viscosity. Generally, the viscosity of cellulose ether is about tens of thousands, while the viscosity of starch ether is several hundred to several thousand, but this does not mean that starch ether is not as thick as cellulose ether in thickening mortar. The thickening mechanism of the two is different.
3. Compared with cellulose ether, starch ether can significantly increase the initial yield value of tile adhesive, thereby improving its anti-slip performance.
4. Air-entraining. Cellulose ether has strong air-entraining properties, while starch ether has no air-entraining properties.
5. Molecular structure of cellulose ether. Although both starch and cellulose are composed of glucose molecules, their composition is different. The orientation of all glucose molecules in starch is the same, while that of cellulose is just the opposite. The orientation of each adjacent glucose molecule is opposite. This structural difference also determines the difference in the properties of cellulose and starch.