- November 5, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: News
As the main admixture in construction mortar products, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose plays a key role in the performance and cost of the mortar.
1. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether has excellent water retention properties and is widely used in various mortars, including masonry mortar, plastering mortar and ground leveling mortar, to improve the bleeding of mortar.
2. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether has a significant thickening effect, improves the construction performance and workability of the mortar, changes the fluidity of the product, achieves the desired appearance, and improves the fullness and use volume of the mortar.
3. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether can improve the cohesiveness and operability of the mortar, overcome the common problems of ordinary mortar such as shelling and hollowing, reduce blanking, save materials, and reduce costs.
4. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether has a certain retarding effect, which can ensure the operating time of the mortar and improve the plasticity and construction effect of the mortar.
5. Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether can introduce an appropriate amount of air bubbles, which can greatly improve the frost resistance of the mortar and increase the durability of the mortar. The high bubble content leads to better mortar yield and workability, and reduces the formation of cracks. At the same time, it also reduces the strength value, causing a “liquefaction” phenomenon. The bubble content usually depends on the mixing time. Products are widely used to improve the performance of hydraulic building materials, such as cement and gypsum. In cement-based mortar, it can improve water retention, extend correction time and open time, and reduce sagging.
6. Cellulose ether combines physical and chemical effects to retain water and thicken. It can produce substances that cause micro-swelling during the hydration process, so that the mortar has a certain micro-swelling performance and prevents the mortar from hydrating in the later stage. The cracking caused by shrinkage in the medium increases the service life of the building.