- September 18, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: News
CONCEPT OF REDISPERSIBLE POLYMER POWDER (RDP)
To meet today’s technical requirements; almost all dry mix mortars require polymer modification. Many cementitious mortars contain cellulose ethers as an additive to improve water retention and workability. However after setting and drying they will adhere poorly. In addition cementitious mortars are very hard, brittle and inflexible materials, whereas for many applications flexible and deformable cementitious materials are essential. As a consequence for almost all applications in modern construction, the modification of cementitious mortars with polymers is a must.
REDISPERSIBLE POLYMER POWDER is a free-flowing, white powder obtained by spray drying of an aqueous vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymer dispersion. Redispersible polymer powders are polymer emulsions which have been converted by spray drying (atomizing the aqueous polymer dispersions in a stream of hot air) to free flowing powders. When blended with water, these powders redisperse back into liquid emulsions with essentially identical properties to the original emulsions.
Redispersible Polymer Powder APPLICATIONS
• Cement based wall putties
• Wallpaper adhesives
• Cement based tile adhesives
• Crack fillers
• Adhesion mortars
• Gypsum joint fillers
• Repair mortars
• Cement Renders
Redispersible Polymer Powder BENEFITS
• Has excellent water-repellent and hydrophobic properties.
• Improves the adhesion, flexural strength, plasticity, abrasion resistance and good workability of modified compounds.
• Gives proper adhesion for external insulation and finishing system.
• Used as Self-leveling troweling compounds and flooring compounds
• Improves the workability and other important mechanical properties like tensile-, compression- and flexural strength, as well as the transversal deformation.
• Provides excellent slip resistance, impact resistance and helps to reduce the formation of cracks caused by shrinkage.
Packing available in 25 Kgs. High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) bags.